Fish while you can on the Clearwater, Snake, Salmon and Little Salmon rivers
It's prime spring steelheading time. Here are the closing dates:
The statewide steelhead limit is three per day, nine in possession and 20 for the spring season. Anglers must have a valid 2009 Idaho fishing license and steelhead permit.
- March 31: Salmon River from the Lake Creek Bridge to Long Tom Creek.
- April 30: Clearwater River mainstem and Middle Fork from its mouth upstream to Clear Creek.
- April 30: North Fork Clearwater River from its mouth upstream to Dworshak Dam .
- April 30: South Fork Clearwater River from its mouth upstream to the confluence of American and Red Rivers.
- April 30: Salmon River from its mouth upstream to the Lake Creek Bridge about 6 miles upstream from the mouth of the Little Salmon River, and from Long Tom Creek (about a quarter-mile upstream from the Middle Fork Salmon River) to the posted boundary 100 yards downstream from the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery weir near Stanley.
- April 30: Snake River from the Washington state line at the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater rivers upstream to Hells Canyon Dam.
- May 15: Little Salmon River from its mouth upstream to the U.S. Highway 95 Bridge near Smokey Boulder Road.
- May: 31: Snake River upstream of Hells Canyon Dam to Oxbow Dam.
- May 31: Boise River from its mouth upstream to Barber Dam.
Fish While You Can on the Clearwater, Snake, Salmon and Little Salmon Rivers
Idaho Statesman, March 5, 2009
See what you can learn
learn more on topics covered in the film
see the video
read the script
learn the songs