Port Of Portland Shipping
by Mark Perry
The Port of Portland recently released shipping statistics for April, which include the following highlights:
2. Year-to-date tonnage this year is up by 45% compared to last year.
3. Grain tonnage this year during the first four months is 24.8% higher than 2009.
4. Auto shipments are up by 9.6% year-to-date compared to last year, and for the month of April up by 64% compared to last year.
5. Mineral bulk shipments are up by 122.5% year-to-date vs. 2009.
6. On a three-month moving average basis, total tonnage was the highest in April since November 2008, 17 months ago.
learn more on topics covered in the film
see the video
read the script
learn the songs