Energy Northwest Gets Two New Membersby Associated Press
Mason County Daily News, July 23, 2009
The board of directors for Energy Northwest has approved membership applications from two more utilities. The addition of Lewis Public Utilities and the city of Centralia brings to 27 the number of members of the public power agency. That's the largest membership in its 51-year history. Energy Northwest's members include 22 public utility districts and five city municipal utilities. Energy Northwest was formed as a Joint Operating Agency in 1957 to provide low-cost power for its publicly owned utility members. The consortium generates nearly 1,300 megawatts of power through its nuclear, hydro, wind and solar projects.
learn more on topics covered in the film
see the video
read the script
learn the songs